Welcome to VKCSites.org
The site links hosted here are below with a description. Enjoy!
- allies.vkcsites.org - TENNESSEE ALLIES IN SELF-ADVOCACY (TASA)
TASA is a statewide network of people with disabilities and agencies committed to strengthening and improving self‐advocacy among people with disabilities. TASA focuses on developing Self‐Advocacy Resource Center(s) that will support and help individuals with disabilities in becoming self-advocates
- childstuttering.vkcsites.org - Developmental Stuttering Project
Investigating the importance of language and emotions in stuttering, yielding advances in science and treatment
- ebip.vkcsites.org - Evidence-based Instructional Practices in Early Childhood Education
Evidence-based practices in early childhood education are strategies shown by science to be effective ways to teach young children new behaviors or skills
- ebrl.vkcsites.org - The Education and Brain Sciences Research Lab (EBRL)
Seeks to understand why some children are successful at learning to read while others are not.
- fast.vkcsites.org - FAST Interview Guide
TN FAST Version 2.1
- fbs.vkcsites.org - The Family Behavior Supports Project
The purpose of this project is support families of young children with challenging behavior.
- helpingfamiliescopewithstress.org - Family Depression Prevention Project
Aims to promote healthy adjustment in families by: teaching families about the impact of stress,
providing information that may help strengthen parenting and reduce feelings of depression, and
teaching children coping skills to deal with stress
- iddtoolkit.vkcsites.org - Toolkit for Primary Care Providers
Health Care for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- kidtalk.vkcsites.org - Vanderbilt KidTalk
Children who are taught using KidTalk procedures typically learn new vocabulary, talk in longer sentences, and develop strong, positive relationships with their parents, teachers and peers.
Vanderbilt KidTalk is a research group studying language growth in young children with disabilities. Our intervention is fun, natural and can be done by parents and teachers!
- rett.vkcsites.org - Rett Syndrome Program
The Vanderbilt Kennedy Center and Vanderbilt University Medical Center are leaders and innovators in the clinical treatment of children and adults with Rett syndrome and related conditions and research innovators from basic discovery to preclinical research to clinical trials and interventions.
- serenademusicclass.org - Parent-Child Music Class and Research Program
SeRenade is an integrated, parent-child music program that uses musical games, parent training, and peer interaction strategies to promote social engagement and positive behavior in children with and without autism spectrum disorder.
- tennesseeworks.org - TennesseeWorks
We formed TennesseeWorks with one goal: to increase the number of young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) who are employed in the state. In other words, we are working to ensure every young person with a disability can find a good job, with good pay, that brings real satisfaction, and makes a real difference.
- tnihealliance.org -The Tennessee Inclusive Higher Education Alliance
An Alliance for the Advancement of Postsecondary Education Opportunities for Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities